MUST HAVE New Year’s Resolutions for Parents
Christmas is over, which means 2015 is nearly upon us! Every year we make New Year’s Resolutions that we feel will improve our lifestyle, increase our fitness or change bad habits but, let’s be honest, how many of us actually keep them?!
That’s why this year we’ve come up with a list of resolutions that we will (hopefully) be more inclined to keep, because otherwise we might just go mad.
If you have any other resolutions that you think might help parents to get through the next year, let us know in the comments!
1. I will not buy sugary, processed treats for my children, and then end up eating them all myself after they’re in bed.
2. I will install a lock on the bathroom door to prevent “surprise” visits from my children during my alone time.
3. I will make sure that any clothes I wear have no more than one obvious stain at any one time.
4. I will not to buy toys that require more than 2 batteries, or make noise that can be heard more than 1 room away.
5. I will remain straight faced when attempting to reprimand my kids for copying my less than perfect behaviour.
6. I will not walk barefoot around the house, therefore preventing me from any crippling Lego induced injuries.
7. I will not to eat the chewed up and discarded leftovers off my child’s plate.
8. I will not watch Frozen more than once a week.
9. I will only cook ONE dinner, even if it’s brussel sprouts – all family members WILL EAT IT and they will LIKE IT.
10. I will attempt to keep at least ONE of the above NINE resolutions.